The Cervantes Theatre is looking for an organised and motivated freelance fundraiser with persuasive written and communication skills to lead our fundraising strategy. The fundraising specialist will work closely in conjunction with the Artistic Directors to raise income from public bodies (eg Arts Council England), Trusts, foundations and a variety of other sources including the private sector.
The Cervantes Theatre opened its doors in November 2016. It is the proud creation of the Spanish Theatre Company (STC), a charity which aims to bring the best Spanish and Latin American culture to London and to British audiences.
The Cervantes Theatre is London’s first venue dedicated to showcasing Spanish and Latin American plays, performed both in Spanish and in English, and produced by the STC itself or other theatre companies. Each year we need to raise £500,000 in order to achieve our mission. We achieve this through a mix of funding from public institutions, private donations and corporate sponsorship.
The Cervantes Theatre presents a wide variety of productions, ranging from modern and contemporary masterpieces to Spanish Golden Age Classics, to a broad audience of all nationalities. It also develops productions for schools. Through its bilingual programming, STC encourages Spanish/Latin American/British cultural exchange and it is becoming a reference point in London for Spanish-speaking culture and heritage.
Duties will include:
• Supporting the creation of a robust fundraising and income generation strategy
• Taking responsibility for writing specific funding applications
• Identifying new trusts and foundations and funding sources that fit the aims of the programme
• Working with the team to set and realise fundraising targets for 2022/2023 and subsequent years
• Providing specialist fundraising advice and guidance and supporting the company’s capacity in delivering the fundraising strategy
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent knowledge of the arts funding landscape and fundraising for charitable organisations
• A track record of raising income from public bodies like the Arts Council and Trusts/Foundations
• Demonstrable experience and a track record of fundraising for arts organisations
• A keen interest in the arts, performing arts and (ideally) Spanish-speaking culture
• An ability to work flexibly and in collaboration with the Cervantes Theatre
• This is a freelance position. A day or monthly rate will be discussed with candidates.
To apply for the role, please send an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
We are currently looking for new people to join our Board of Trustees – including a new Chair. We will consider applications from any relevant field of expertise, though we are particularly keen to hear from you if you have knowledge, insight, or professional experience across any of the following areas:
• Major Donor Cultivation
• Marketing and Audience Development in the Arts